The GLFT accepts proposals under our funding categories at different times throughout the year. Review important dates to the left for deadlines.
If the GLFT is currently accepting proposals for one of our grant categories, it will be listed under active grant opportunities. Click below to browse active grant opportunities. Application requirements are provided for each of our funding opportunities in the Application Guidance Documents below. More information about each of our grant programs and our funding priorities is available on our Grants page. Our Grant Library is also a useful resource for grant seekers; it includes information about projects that have received funding support from the GLFT.
2019 Application Guidance Documents
- 2019 Ecosystem Health and Sustainable Fish Populations: Ecological and Biological Research to Inform Management
- 2019 Ecosystem Health and Sustainable Fish Populations: Social, Economic and Technology Research to Inform Policy and Practice
- In consideration of the federal government shutdown, the 2019 research pre-proposal deadline has been extended through January 22, 2019.
- 2019 Ecosystem Health and Sustainable Fish Populations: Habitat Protection and Restoration
- 2019 Great Lakes Stewardship
Application Guidance Documents from Prior Years
Application Guidance Documents from the previous year in which we issued a request for proposals (RFP) is provided for each of our grant programs for reference purposes until the latest version is released. If you are interested in applying for a grant through a forthcoming RFP, you may review the documents from prior years to familiarize yourself with our program requirements. Generally, the content we require does not change much year to year – but we do make revisions on an annual basis. Be sure to use the 2019 Application Guidance Documents when applying.
Policies and Forms