Fishery Access Grants
The GLFT’s Access to the Great Lakes Fishery grant category focuses on significantly increasing access to the Great Lakes fishery for shore-based angling and tribal fishing.
The GLFT supports its access goals through a combination of competitive and funder-directed grantmaking. Supported activities may include:
- New construction of access sites
- Upgrades and renovations to existing access sites
- Engineering and feasibility studies for proposed access sites
- Land acquisition to support subsequent access site development
- Communication and outreach efforts regarding existing shore-based angling opportunities
More information about shore-based angling projects receiving funding support from the GLFT is available in our grant resource library.
How to Apply
Visit our apply page to submit an application. The forms and instructions necessary to guide you through the application process are provided in the application guidance document.
If you have further questions about the funding process, please contact Cody Proudfoot, Grant Manager, at (517) 371-7468